The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the processing of all third party claims for inpatient and outpatient primary and secondary claims for professional billing. This includes: claim edits management, claim submission, payor follow-up, denial review, appeal submission and adjudication. The Manager is also responsible for monitoring and improving all revenue cycle metrics and measures for their respective departments, including but not limited to the following: AR days, aged AR, cash collections, denials, avoidable write-offs, staff productivity and work quality, credit balances.
- Associates degree in business, accounting, healthcare or related field; Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related discipline preferred
- 5 years professional fee revenue cycle experience and a minimum of 2 years supervisory or management experience.
- Knowledge of professional fee revenue cycle
- Knowledge of EpicŪ or professional fee practice management systems Proficiency in patient registration, eligibility verification, professional fee charge capture, coding and payment posting and accounts receivable follow up activities
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational, problem solving and team building skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and work independently with attention to detail
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, customer service and interpersonal skills and operate under strict confidentiality due to the significant amount of PHI
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to analyze, identify and articulate identified trends and report trends succinctly in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and third party payors.
- Knowledge of payor regulations and requirements for professional fee revenue cycle
- Ability to understand and implement protocols
- Microsoft Office skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
Apply online at:
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.