The Welfare Research, Inc. is seeking one (1) qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Budget Specialist in the Bureau of Mental Hygiene Administration's Office of Administrative Services.
The Office of Procurement Services within the Office of Administrative Services plays a central role in the provision of non-direct service support for the Division of Mental Hygiene. It oversees the allocation of Division's Other Than Personal Services (OTPS) budget, including the: processing of non-service contracts, the purchasing of goods and services in support of programmatic goals, and ensuring that all activities meet Agency and City Procurement guidelines.
Reporting directly to the Contract Supervisor, The Budget Specialist is responsible for the purchasing, tracking and oversight of procurement activities ensuring that request conform to DOHMH guidelines and NYC Procurement Policy Board rules.
• Process Purchase Requisitions in ConTrak Purchasing System
• Process Invoice Payments in PAYRS
• Communicate with Office of Procurement and the MWBE unit to process Purchase Orders
• Contact vendor for price quotes as needed.
• Create spreadsheets and reports in Excel
• Update Blanket Purchase Order Report and P-Card report
• Update and manage the monthly MWBE Report
• Track Bureau spending for supplies, food, conferences, printing, and travel
• Assist with Reconciliation of the OTPS Budget
• Enter purchase requisition information on the purchase Tracking Sheet
• Assist with P-Card reports
• Assist with special reporting projects as needed
• Maintains and files the pending approval and pending delivery purchase orders in appropriate folders
• Utilize financial applications such as FMS, BMS, OES, ConTrak, PAYRS
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college and two years of full-time satisfactory professional, technical or
administrative experience in one or a combination of the following areas: contact negotiations/management, budgeting,
accounting, fiscal/financial management, program evaluation or project management; or
• A four year high school diploma, or its educational equivalent, and six years of full-time satisfactory professional
technical or administrative work experience in one or a combination of the areas cited in (1) above; or
• Education and/or experience equivalent to (1) or (2) above
• Familiarity with New York City Procurement systems: BMS, PAYRS, OES, ConTrak
• Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently and problem solve to solution
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
Work Location: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 42-09 28th Street Queens , NY 11101
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover and cover letter to:
• Lori Gallo, Director of MHy Procurement Services
• Office of Administrative Services
Submit a resume and cover and cover letter to:
Lori Gallo, Director of MHy Procurement Services
Office of Administrative Services
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.