Comprehensive Care Nurse II
|Company:||County of Orange, Health Care Agency (Direct Employer)|
|Location:||Santa Ana, CA 92701|
|Category:||RN - Psychiatry|
RN - Emergency Medicine
|Posted:||Feb. 28, 2017|
|Deadline:||Open until filled|
Description & RequirementTHE OPPORTUNITY:
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency is hiring experienced Registered Nurses who are committed to provide skilled nursing to medical and mental health clients in a jail setting.
The current openings are in the following Programs within Correctional Health Services (CHS):
Adult Correctional Health Services (ACHS)
The ACHS program provides medical, dental, nursing, infection control, health education and pharmaceutical services at a community standard of care to all adult inmates in the County's five (5) correctional facilities and contracts with hospitals for inpatient and specialty care.
The ACHS also provides mental health services including 24-hour emergency triage and crisis intervention, suicide prevention, treatment beds, individual and group therapy, substance abuse counseling, medication assessment and discharge planning to all adult inmates in the County's five (5) correctional facilities.
The Comprehensive Care Nurse II assigned to ACHS will perform the following specialized duties:
- Obtain vital signs such as; temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and pain scale assessment
- Perform Comprehensive and focused physical assessments and refer to higher level of care as necessary, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive history taking
- Interpreting vital signs and physical assessment results
- Wound Care
- Documenting in SOAP format on electronic health record
- Review of health records, summarize and synthesize client information and give comprehensive hand off at shift change or outside facility transfers utilizing discharge summary form or verbal report
- Maintain assigned work areas every shift
- Participate in staff development and educational programs to maintain professional competency
- May participate in 5150 training, and must pass and maintain a valid 5150 certification if assigned in ACHS Mental Health Unit (In house training will be given to update certification)
- Other work as assigned
Juvenile Health Services (JHS)
The JHS program provides medical, dental, nursing, and pharmaceutical services at a community standard of care for youth who reside in the County's five residential facilities operated by the Social Services and Probation Departments and contracts with hospitals for inpatient and specialty care.
The Comprehensive Care Nurse II assigned to JHS will perform the following specialized duties:
For definition, class characteristics, and other duties of the Comprehensive Care Nurse II position click here.
- Provide routine and emergency nursing services to juveniles housed in a correctional or dependent care facility
- Determine if youth can be accepted and safely managed in the facility
- Refer patients to Pediatrician or Nurse Practitioner as needed and for off-site referrals as necessary
- Dress minor wounds and injuries
- Perform venipuncture and other laboratory testing
- Respond to medical or psychiatric emergencies within the facility
- Perform patient releases and assist in discharge planning and transfer to other facilities to ensure continuity of care
- Other duties as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to our website at www.ocgov.com/jobs and submit your application online.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, contact Marivel Chang at (714) 834-4144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at www.ocgov.com/jobs
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.