This position provides analytical support to cancer care quality initiatives. Responsible for collecting and researching data, performing analysis, providing recommendations and presenting results. Generates periodic standard reports, and performs ad hoc analyses to understand performance. Implements established and assists in the development and application of innovative techniques for measuring, analyzing, and reporting on health care processes, health outcomes and health costs. Responsibilities vary by project, and may require the use of multiple programming language, relational database systems and operating systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides expertise in using health system databases, writing analytical reports and designing reporting formats to support clinical guideline and pathway development, implementation and monitoring.
• Conducts clinically oriented analyses associated with cancer care quality initiatives. Generate and process data through the use of database software programs such as Business Objects, SQL, SAS, Excel and Access.
• Prepares baseline and trend analyses or metrics for targeted quality categories, geographies and segments.
• Communicates and describes findings pertaining to business questions and objectives pertaining to cancer care quality. Develops reports on analyses conducted, provides recommendations and makes presentations to communicate results.
• Develops and maintains clear, consistent and concise documentation for projects and tasks.
• Demonstrates initiative in identifying alternative solutions to issues in the project or department.
• Participation in development of cancer care quality control and improvement indicators, including establishing data sources and methods for collection, display and analysis.
• Conducts concurrent and retrospective reviews utilizing approved indicators.
• Participates in the development of quality improvement and quality control data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Prepares and assists with presentation of data and activities of multidisciplinary review. May include preparing tabular and graphical summaries of data and analytical results. Selects the most appropriate template or format based on project or task requirements.
• Serves as a technical resource to coworkers by assisting in problem resolution for data source analysis.
•Checks work for accuracy and consistency. Identifies potential problems with analysis assumptions and data quality and applies established quality assurance processes to resolve problems or escalates them as needed.
Highly Competitive Candidate will have the following:
•Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, business administration, or similar program
•Minimum of 2 years health-related experience, including the use of relational databases
•Solid analytical skills, problem solving, and critical thinking
•Strong organizational skills
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Proficient in SQL, Access and Excel
•Experience using Business Objects or similar programs preferred
•Able to prioritize various projects and ad hoc requests
•Prior work experience must demonstrate ability to organize work independently to meet deadlines and determine priorities, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, and ability to work within multidisciplinary teams
•Must be able to work independently and possess excellent decision making and interpersonal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Computer Science or related field. Two (2) years of data analysis and/or reporting experience.
***Please apply here: https://unchealthcare.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=OTH01JW7&JB-11620
Internal Job Code: OTH01JW7
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.