Dining Services Director
|Location:||Gloucester, VA 23061|
|Category:||Food & Nutritional Services|
|Posted:||May. 19, 2017|
|Deadline:||Open until filled|
Description & Requirement
The Dining Services Director leads the execution of the signature dining services program at the community. He or she provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our residents. Each Dining Services Director's primary objective is to exhibit the core values of Commonwealth Senior Living and provide a memorable dining experience for the residents.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to our residents in a safe sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, and in compliance with Sanitation Code.
- Prepare food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and written doctors' orders.
- Ensure that the proper quantity of food is prepared and in accordance with established time schedules.
- Prepare food for special events as instructed by Director.
- Maintain costs within budgeted parameters.
- Use proper technique to taste prepared food to ensure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintain the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Record temperatures of food according to established policy.
- Report all hazardous and malfunctioning equipment to the Director.
- Make recommendations to the Director regarding improvements in recipes, menus, productions and service of food, equipment, etc. to enhance the quality of the food service.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars and in-services, to keep abreast of current changes in the health care field, as well as maintain a professional status.
- Assist in scheduling department working hours, personnel, work assignments, etc. to maintain quality resident care.
- Routinely inspect the dietary area and practices for compliance with current applicable regulations and as requested by the Director.
- Develop and utilize comprehensive inventory control procedures.
- Purchase food, supplies, and equipment, as required to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensure that a stock of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained at adequate levels at all times to perform departmental functions.
- Ensure that there is always a 72-hour emergency food and drinking water supply per regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to ensure resident rights are protected.
Other duties as assigned.
- Certification in the Food Handlers Course or equivalent
- Previous management experience in the food service industry.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks
- Must be available to work varied shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift heavy objects; stand and walk short distances throughout the day. Ability to tolerate heat from the kitchen.
- Must be free of communicable diseases.
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.