Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a Part Time civilian Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Whiteman Air Force Base in Knob Noster, MO.
This Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN position offers:
• Opportunity to care for Military Families
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
• Any State License accepted
The LPN will have the following requirements:
• EDUCATION: Must have successfully completed all education and training
requirements leading to and graduated from an accredited national, state or military equivalent school for Practical Nursing.
• LICENSE: Must have and maintain throughout course of contract, a current,
active, valid, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from a US jurisdiction.
• Must have an maintain throughout course of contract, a current, active, valid, BLS card from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• KNOWLEDGE: As appropriate within established procedures, protocols and scope of practice, must have understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
• EXPERIENCE: Experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting paraprofessional portions of physical examinations; or assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures and protocols, within the LPN scope of practice.
• Shall have practiced as an LPN performing hands-on patient care in the
outpatient clinical setting for at least 12 months within the past 24 months.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Certified Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the federal staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves approximately 860 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,800 affiliated health care professionals.
Internal Job Code: SL.Whiteman.LPN.3.6.
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.