The LPN is responsible for coordinating with the Interdisciplinary Team to deliver quality health care and restorative services to maximize residents’ health potential, functional capacity, and quality of life. The LPN is responsible for providing direct and indirect nursing care for residents of the Health Care Center during his/her shift and responding appropriately to SJP Community residents in the event of illness, injury or emergency. The LPN is responsible for resident assessment, care planning, intervention and evaluation to meet resident needs. The LPN is responsible for the direction and supervision of nursing assistant and restorative technicians and ensuring the provision of quality care and health services. The LPN is responsible for promoting the philosophy and values of the organization and compliance with professional nursing standards of practice and state and federal regulations.
Successful completion and graduation from an accredited school of Licensed Practical Nursing; must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice Licensed Practical Nursing in Louisiana; must possess a current certification for Health Care Provider CPR.
Ability to maintain assigned work hours: Requires endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours. MAY BE DESIGNATED ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, INCLUDING HURRICANES, EVACUATION, FIRE, FLOOD, ETC., AND BE REQUIRED TO REMAIN ON CAMPUS FOR THE DURATION OF THE EMERGENCY.
Demonstrates leadership qualities
• Problem solves using effective management techniques
• Delegates tasks appropriately
• Supervises and coordinates care/service delivery by nursing assistants, restorative technicians and ancillary services
• Serves as charge nurse in the absence of an RN
• Communicates resident information effectively to other members of the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures resident safety, security and rights at all times
Coordinates resident care and services
• Coordinates resident admissions, transfers, and discharges
• Initiates assessment, care plan, intervention/treatment and outcomes measurement
• Consults with attending physicians to provide quality resident care
• Communicates resident status accurately and effectively and facilitates physician examination and treatment.
• Requisitions and facilitates diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with established procedures and protocols
• Reviews resident charts for accuracy and completion
• Communicates and collaborates with the Interdisciplinary team members to promote quality resident care and services
• Delivers professional nursing services such as: assessment, treatment & outcome evaluation, medication administration, parenteral and enteral therapy, airway maintenance, wound care, care of the dying resident, etc.
• Includes family and significant others in resident assessment, care planning and treatment, when appropriate.
• Cleaning and storage of equipment
• Obtains, prepares and administers medications, including oral, topical, and injectable, etc., as ordered by the physician and in accordance with established policy and procedures.
• Reviews medication records for completion and accuracy of transcription and administration.
• Ensures that narcotic records are accurate for each shift. Notifies the Director of Health Services of all drug and narcotic discrepancies.
• Disposes of drugs as required and in accordance with established policy and procedures.
• Promote adequate resident nutrition
• Assists in a variety of tasks related to resident dining ( escorts residents to dining room, delivers trays to bed bound residents, assists with meal preparation and feeding).
Completes accurate, effective Nursing Documentation
• Completes and files forms/charts from admission through discharge in accordance with state and federal regulations and in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
• Receives and accurately documents verbal/telephone physicians’ orders.
• Completes Nurses’ Notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the resident’s status, the care provided, and the resident’s response to care.
• Documents all resident accidents/incidents in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Communicates changes or new orders to appropriate interdisciplinary team members
• Reports all discrepancies noted in physician orders, charting or medication/treatment administration, including omissions, to the Director of Nursing
• Performs all routine documentation duties as required and in accordance with established policy and procedures, including Behavioral Monitoring Form.
Internal Job Code: 003
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.