The Medication Management LPN is responsible for providing medication management services to residents of Assisted Living. Orders, receives, and administers medications, processes physician's orders, and communicates with residents family and physicians. Documents daily observations and services provided. Provides services in accordance with regulatory guidelines and compliance for Assisted Living Facilities.
APPLY AT WWW.STJAMESPLACE.ORG
Graduate from an accredited LPN program
Unencumbered license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
One to two years experience; preferably in the senior care field
Current Health Care Provider CPR certification
Proficient computer skills
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Ability to represent the corporation in a professional manner and maintain a professional appearance
Good human relation skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and documentation skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Highly motivated, energetic and compassionate.
Must be reliable and possess a strong work ethic
Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the senior community.
Ability to communicate with and understand the English language.
Must possess a drivers license and a clean driving record.
ABILITY TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED WORK HOURS
May require working long hours or hours outside of the normal work week (nights or weekends).
MAY BE DESIGNATED ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, INCLUDING HURRICANES, EVACUATION, FIRE, FLOOD, ETC., AND BE REQUIRED TO REMAIN ON CAMPUS FOR THE DURATION OF THE EMERGENCY.
Responsible for overall medication management and implementation
Liaison between residents physicians and family members of the residents
Orders, receives and administers medications to residents
Develops a working knowledge of state regulations and ensures that staff follows regulatory guidelines
Distributes and documents medications according to standards and regulations
Initiates and sustains the implementation of orders for medications as prescribed by the physician in the plan of care
Performs lab orders, prepares lab order forms and contacts laboratory provider to pick up lab specimens
Reviews and follows up on daily communication logs
Communicates with clients, families, and physicians as needed or as appropriate
Accurately documents daily observations and services provided and maintains accurate records.
Ensures that safety and infection control practices are continuously followed
Observes physical or emotional changes in clients condition and reports them promptly
Works in conjunction with the Wellness Nurse to provide direct or indirect nursing care as needed or directed in accordance with state regulations and company policy
Leadership and Teamwork
Provides mentoring, training, or coaching for new LPNs and Personal Care Attendants as needed or directed
Uses a pro-active nursing approach to ensure accountability, adherence to policy and quality assurance
Facilitates, attends and participates in various departmental and management meetings as required
Participates in in-services and continuing education opportunities for personal growth and professional development
1. Quality Outcomes - Meets and exceeds expectations of internal and external customers. All organizational and departmental standards regarding quality of performance are met. Demonstrates a strong commitment to confidentiality. Participates in quality improvement programs as directed.
2. Results Orientation - Meets current objectives and positions the organization for future growth. Completes daily tasks and assignments and processes large volumes of work associated with the operation of the department.
3. Social Sensitivity - Builds positive relationships based on respect for others. Demonstrates a helpful positive attitude. Maintains effective communication with peers, staff, residents, visitors, and families.
4. Safe Working Environment - Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements established in the community with an emphasis on maintaining a safe environment for all persons working in the facility.
Reports any accidents, injuries, and unsafe equipment and conditions to the manager bythe end of the shift.
Immediately reports, and corrects, if possible, unsafe conditions or equipment.
Complies with relevant regulations and standards and policies governing safe workplace environment.
Maintains current knowledge of all aspects of the facilitys safety program by attending Safety-related training, as mandated, upon hire and thereafter as required by the facility.
5. Education - Participates in required In-service training and educational programs on an ongoing basis.
6. Attendance and Punctuality - Follows all guidelines outlining standards of attendance and punctuality. Responsible for reporting and completing work at assigned times.
7. Adheres to professional standards of practice.
8. Work exemplifies the mission and core values of St. James Place.
9. Makes sound decisions commensurate with level of function.
10. Maintains a good rapport with all staff, residents, and visitors. Recognizes the importance of resident recognition.
11. Sets objectives and organizes resources to achieve goals.
12. Maintains a professional appearance.
13. HIPAA Compliance Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to federal and state HIPAA regulations and St. James Place policy as it relates to resident privacy. Maintains confidentiality of all resident information.
Internal Job Code: 001
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.