Alamitos West Health Care Center: 3902 Katella Avenue, Los Alamitos, California 90720 (Phone: 562-596-5561) SNF060000076
The primary purpose of this position is to direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the daily nursing activities. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the supervisor.
Do you love connecting with those in need and their families? Do you want to treat a whole person? Are you ready to make a difference? Consider joining our team as an RN Supervisor. We are closely knit and highly functioning team committed to making every moment matter in our residents' lives. With a rich history of compassion and a heart for delivering superior service, our campus and life care centers are dedicated to serving seniors with a complete continuum of social, spiritual and health-related care. As an RN Supervisor, you will oversee staff in assisting our residents live as comfortably and independently as possible while providing the daily medical help they need. Life in our communities is rooted in dignity and respect for those we serve. We need an RN Supervisor who can oversee a full spectrum of nursing functions according to the resident's care plan.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
1. Direct and supervise the daily functions of the nursing staff in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
2. Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
3. Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shift's services, programs, and activities and monitor tasks are completed as directed.
4. Communicate with written (24 hour report) and oral reports/recommendations concerning any changes in resident condition and other activities of your shift as required.
5. Cooperate with other members of the interdisciplinary team when coordinating services to ensure that the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
6. Participate in facility surveys (inspections).
7. Periodically review the resident's written care plan. Participate in the updating of the resident's written care plan as required. Ensure that personnel providing direct care to residents are providing such care in accordance with the resident's care plan and wishes.
8. Communicate the department's policies and procedures to personnel, residents, and visitors.
9. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents.
10. Inform nursing personnel of new admissions and the resident's care needs. Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions. Greet newly admitted residents upon admission.
11. Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
12. Make rounds with health care practitioner.
13. Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the health care practitioner, and in accordance with our established procedures.
14. Consult with the resident's health care practitioner in providing the resident's care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc.
15. Review the resident's health record for specific treatments, medication orders, diets, labs etc., as for implementation and follow up.
16. Ensure that nursing personnel qualifications is utilized according to the resident's need.
17. Notify the resident's attending health care practitioner and family when there is a change in the resident's condition.
18. Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
19. Administer professional services commensurate with the scope of practice.
20. Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the Director of Nursing.
21. Assist in arranging transportation for residents and other third party services.
Charting and Documentation
1. Communicate with health care provider to review treatment plans, complete orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
2. Fill out and complete accident/incidents involving residents. Submit to Director as required.
3. Complete and file assessments and all other medical record documentation as required to provide care services.
4. Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician's orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the Nurse Supervisor.
5. Ensure that pertinent clinical documentation is completed according to policy.
Drug Administration Functions
1. Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report needs to the Nurse Supervisor.
2. Review medication administration record for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order. Report concerns to your supervisor.
3. Dispose of drugs and narcotics as required, and in accordance with established procedures.
1. Perform employee performance evaluation.
2. Determine unit's staffing requirement, and making recommendations to the DON concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
3. Review and evaluate your unit's work process and work to improve.
4. Develop work assignments and/or assist in completing and performing such assignments.
5. Submit complaints and grievances DON.
Care Plan and Assessment Functions
1. Complete or oversee the completion of an initial assessment and development of interim care plan. Participate with updating and reviewing care plan that identifies the goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs.
2. Review nurses' notes to determine if the care plan is being followed and report any concerns.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
At least 6 months experience. Prefer supervisory leadership experience.
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
Click the Apply button to submit your resume.
Moments Matter. Live them well.™
Click to watch our video:
Moments matter. Live them well. from The Goodman Group.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3q3m8ytwfkw2mtzr
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/3q3m8ytwfkw2mtzr
(When applying, please mention this ad in medhunting.com)
Think this job inappropriate for the site? Please click here to have our staff review it.